I shot this outfit a few months ago (like 10, yikes!) and for some reason, it never made it to the blog! But I’m glad it didn’t, because the duster vest is the perfect accessory to transition to fall fashion.
A duster vest, or jacket, or cardigan or whatever you want to call it, is this beautiful longlseeve vest that almost dusts the ground. I mean, it’s lovely don’t you think? I have several of these because it’s one accessory I’m obsessed with since it instantly makes any outfit look that much more stylish. I’m talking totally basic, don’t even think about it outfits like jeans and a white tee suddenly looking oh-so-chic.
Plus, they’re fun. And cheap. And you can buy a sleeveless duster in a million different colors and patterns.
I picked up this particular duster vest in Canada last year and love to wear it with leggings, with jeans or a dress like I did in this shoot. Really, the duster is a totally versatile piece and a great way to transition to fall fashion.
Not sure how to wear a duster vest? Here are a few tips for you!
How to Wear a Duster Vest
- Try a dress: You can layer it over a short dress like I did and make the fall transition with a cute pair of boots! This season’s ankle booties or over-the-knee boots are totally fun for this look.
- Wear your duster vest with jeans: You can totally rock this with a classic jeans + tee look. It’s actually my favorite way to wear the duster vest.
- Consider a midriff: A cute cutout top or one that shows just a hint of skin is a great juxtaposition to the length of these vests
- Keep proportions in mind: Since your duster vest is long and flowy, you may not want a super flowy top. Keep proportions in mind and experiment with your outfit a bit until you find something that works for you!
- Belt it: Grab a skinny belt and cinch that duster vest in at the waist!
Shop My Favorite Duster Vests
[Tweet “How to wear a duster vest, 5 styling tips via @marlenesrdic”]
Do you love the duster vest trend as much as I do? What’s your favorite way to wear this piece?