Ready to brace the crowds for Black Friday shopping? Better yet, do you know what to wear Black Friday shopping?
While I’m not personally one to stand outside in the freezing cold for hours just to save a few bucks, I can totally understand the need to score some big-ticket items. Or at least snag some savings on some holidays gifts you have your eye on.
But other than shopping the ads in advance and preparing a shopping strategy, you can be prepared by dressing the part. Pick a Black Friday shopping outfit that’s stylish, practical and will have you in and out of the dressing room in a flash.
What to Wear Black Friday Shopping
Why This Works: It’s all about the layers! It’s super cold in the a.m. but will be heating up by noon so think of items that are easy to take on and off as the day heats up.
Slip-on sneaks like these Steve Madden shoes are comfortable for a long day of hitting the pavement yet totally cute.
Shop the Look
Why this works: Joggers are comfy AF! If you can, it’s better to go with jeans. But if you are O.K. with trying on tops with joggers then go for it.
If it’s cold in your neck of the woods, I would bring a jacket with this look. These shoes are incredibly comfortable and easy to slip on and off!
Shop the Look
RELATED: 5 Ways to Wear Black Joggers
Why this Works: You’re only dealing with two pieces here: a sweater and jeans!
This means easy to peel on and off. And the slip-on shoes are comfy and stylish.
The sweater is last season, but I linked a similar one I found for under $30 on Amazon!
Shop the Look
What to Wear Black Friday Shopping Do’s and Don’ts
- Don’t wear sneakers. When you’re trying on clothes, having to stop and tie your laces all the time is a total pain in the …
- Do bring a sweater. It’s cold. Yes, even in AZ. A cardigan or jacket that can be easily layered vs. something you have to pull on and off over your head would be ideal.
- Don’t carry a clutch. Or a satchel or any other bag that doesn’t handles you can sling over shoulder. Think: Cross-body bag. They are your shopping best friend!
- Do wear flats. Or riding boots or whatever comfortable shoe you prefer. Mules, slip-on sneakers and anything that’s easy to get on, off and comfortable is what you’re going.
- Don’t wear a dress. Or a skirt for that matter. Besides the fact that it’s cold, it’s totally inconvenient to not have pants on when you’re trying on tops.
- Mind your undergarments. This is shopping rule No.1 ladies! You should always be in nude-tone undergarments, strapless bra preferred. Why? It goes with any outfit you’re trying on.
Pin me for Later!
What’s your go-to outfit for a day of crazy shopping? Do you hit the stores on Black Friday?
This post was featured on Links à la Mode fashion roundup by Independent Fashion Bloggers.
More fashion articles:
- What to Wear Black Friday Shopping by Life with Mar
- How to Mix Animal Prints by Polished Closets
- 1 Dress, 4 Ways to Style by FunkyForty
- 9 Ways To Reclaim Your Independence by Venti Fashion