I received a Bellefit in exchange for this review. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.
I am all about the postpartum girdle. I wore one with my first and it helped flatten my stomach out, but I was unhappy with a few things. This time around, I did some research on the best postpartum girdle, which is how I learned about Bellefit. Bellefit has a whole range of medical-grade postpartum girdles and corsets; I’ve been wearing mine for a few weeks and am here to share my results and experience!
Want a Bellefit for yourself? Click here and get $20 off with code Marlene20!
Bellefit Postpartum Girdle Review
I have a Bellefit Corset in a size small. I tried it on two days after delivery and almost cried, there was no way in the world it was going to fit. It was several inches off and I was devasted. I panicked and emailed customer service to send me a replacement size…but it ended up fitting the very next day!
Bellefit recommends you wear your corset day and night, but I could only put up with it for a few hours at a time in the beginning. It was very snug, but after a few days, it fit like a dream.
Here’s what I love about it:
- The support is amazing. The boning inside gives you incredible posture, which feels so good since your stomach kind of feels like mush after delivery.
- Their customer service is fantastic and able to help with sizing and exchanges.
- It worked fast! I sized down to the next set of hooks and eyes after about a week.
- It comes with an extender in case you don ‘t fit into it immediately.
- It’s easy to care for; I hand wash mine with this lingerie detergent.
- It’s invisible under clothes.
Get $20 off by purchasing here and use code “Marlene20”
What I don’t like about it:
- The boning also means you’ll have marks on your body. Not a huge deal, just FYI
- I loved wearing it while walking, I feel better wearing it than not. But sitting down nursing in it isn’t the most comfortable experience.
- It gives me a double butt: since it cinches under your crotch it digs into the butt a bit so I really only wore this with tops that would cover my butt, or dresses.
Bellefit vs. Belly Bandit
When I had Sebastian, I used a Belly Bandit which is another one of the more popular postpartum girdles. It worked, but I chose not to use one again because of two things: It was bulky and impossible to hide under clothes so I couldn’t wear it out of the house, and I couldn’t put it on by myself. Those things pretty much made it a deal breaker for me!
Bellefit Before and After
I gained 26 pounds this pregnancy and have 12 to go (15-18 ideally) at 3 weeks postpartum. I haven’t been wearing my Bellefit day and night (I misplaced it for a week and got lazy) but as I get closer to 6 weeks I am going to use it more!
If you’re thinking of getting a Bellefit postpartum girdle for yourself, I really do recommend it! You can get $20 off by purchasing here and using the code “Marlene20”.