Well, you’ve heard the news: skinny jeans are out and mom jeans are in!
Honestly, mom jeans have been around for quite a while. It’s refreshing, and they’re a lot easier to style than you think!
While skinny jeans will always have a place in your wardrobe, a new style to try is always welcome.
Mom jeans can look a bit shapeless at first but styled the right way, they can be fashion-forward and fun. They’re comfortable, edgy and I love a good high-waisted jean.
If you have never tried out mom jeans or would like some ideas on how to wear them, keep reading!
How to Wear Mom Jeans in the Spring
Try: Light Layers & a Shacket
When spring arrives, you immediately will want to ditch the dark colors. But it can still be pretty cool out so layering is key.
This look by ProperLush is an easy way to layer with pieces you probably already have in your wardrobe.
A plain white t-shirt can be effortlessly paired with a light wash pair of mom jeans and the sneakers make this a casual and comfortable look.
A utility jacket, or this season’s shacket, is an easy way to incorporate light layers. Utility jackets are a great staple item for your closet and this cream-colored one is a great neutral to have.
Loving this pair of ripped mom jeans? Here is how to recreate this look.
Shop Similar Jeans
- COMFORTABLE & CASUAL - Made of 92% cotton, 4% polyester, and 4% elastane these jeans are comfy to wear all day long. This is a true denim jean so there is no stretch in it.
- HIGH WAIST RIPPED JEANS - These are distressed, high waisted boyfriend jeans with ripped knees. They are beyond cute with unique frayed bottoms. Feel comfortable and look great when wearing these amazing jeans.
- PERFECT EVERYDAY BOTTOMS - Great everyday jeans that can easily be worn for any occasion. Dress them down with a T-shirt and sneakers for school, or dress them up with a nice blouse and heels for a party. The opportunities are endless for amazing high waisted jeans.
- CHECK PROVIDED MEASUREMENT CHART FOR ACCURATE SIZING. Please refer to the garment measurement chart in the photos for help when choosing a size. If you have any questions regarding size and fit, please do not hesitate to contact us and our style experts can help guide you.
Shop Similar Jacket (Check Print)
- Please size up one size if you want the oversized fit
- Soft and comfortable fabric, checked pattern
- 2 chest flap pockets and 2 hand pockets, turn down collar, single button cuffs, round hem
- Vintage classical fashion timeless long sleeve button-down boyfriend style woolen tartan flannel jackets tops
- Pefect for autumn spring daily work outdoor indoor hiking shopping walking dating travel holiday vacation home street wear
Mom Jeans: How to Wear in Summer
White Wash Mom Jeans
One of my favorite ways to wear mom jeans in the summer is to opt for a white wash. A lot of people can get nervous about white jeans, but a crisp pair looks so modern and fresh!
When looking for some of the best looks, I found marnie_theyer. The way that she has put this khaki tank top with these jeans creates a balanced and on trend look.
Big shoulders and muscle tees are still a great spring trend, and I love how this look came together with some cute white jeans.
Love this look? Let’s recreate it:
Shop Similar Jeans
- You might also like the “505 Straight”
- Mid Rise: Sits at waist
- Easy through hip and thigh
- Inseam: 30" (Short); 32" (Medium); 34" (Long)
- Front Rise: 9 3/4"; Back Rise: 15 1/4"; Leg Opening: 14 1/2"
Shop Similar Top
- Material: 95% Cotton +5% Polyester. Light Weight Soft Cotton Breathable Stretchy Fabric Material.
- Bust: (S)38.61~41.73”, (M)40.17~43.29”, (L)41.73~44.85”. More size information please refer to the size chart in the product description.
- Design: Crew Neck, Sleeveless, Shoulder-Padded, Tie- Dye Color, Loose Style, Women Casual Summer T-Shirt Tops, Cotton Fashion Tank Tops. Versatile Style, Match with any Casual Pants, Jeans, Shorts, Skirts and Leggings.
- Feature: High-grade Cotton Material, Fashion Shoulder-Padded Special and Elegant Design. Cute Cool Casual Summer Blouse Tops, Suitable for Date, Streetwear, Holiday, Work, Party or Daily wear.
- Care: Hand Wash Recommend Separately in Cold Water and Hang Dry
How to Wear Mom Jeans in the Fall
Trench Coat and Boots
Just because the weather has got a bit colder, doesn’t mean you have to forget about style. Mom jeans are essential in your closet as they can be worn all-year-round!
I love how emilylucyrajch has put together her outfit. She has gone for a light blue wash of mom jeans and tucked them into a classic black boot.
Also notice how her jeans are slightly rolled at the bottom so you can see where the boot meets her jeans.
A solid color top layered with a cute jacket completes this look that’s effortlessly stylish yet fashion-forward.
Get the Look:
Shop Similar Jeans
- Women's high waisted skinny jeans with Elegant fashion element make you looks younger and more sexy
- Size available: ★US 0-14 ★. About the detail of size info, Please double check the SIZE CHART on the left pictures before purchasing to ensure accurate fitting.
- FEATURES: Basic 5 pocket design, Zip fly with button closure, Soft and comfortable
- Simple,stylish,Skinny-fit jeans,which is perfect for boots and T-shirts,looks more youngful, relaxed, sexy and beautiful.
- HIGHT QUALITY: 100% Quality Assurance by Sorrica. "Sorrica" Owns Its Own Trademarks.The Serial Number: 87140861.
Shop Similar Trench Coat
- This water resistant trench coat is crafted from water-repellant cotton-blend fabric, perfect for rainy days
- Features a button-front, notched collar and lapel, a self-tie fabric belt, side-slit pockets and a back vent
- Everyday made better: we listen to customer feedback and fine-tune every detail to ensure quality, fit, and comfort
Mom Jeans: How to Wear in Winter
When it comes to wintertime, you need to stay warm but still look on-trend. The easiest way to do this is with cozy layers, of course!
It can be hard to choose what goes well with what. She has layered a white t-shirt, under a cropped sweater. Then placed a trenchcoat on top.
For winter, it’s nice to get out your darker washed jeans. Black is a great option and they also look fantastic with boots, and I’m really loving this pair of combat boots.
RELATED: How to Wear Combat Boots
This look is neutral, warm and feels classic yet fashion-forward.
As well as wearing mom jeans throughout the year, you can also style them for any occasion. To show you just how versatile mom jeans can be, I’ve popped below how you can dress up and dress down the staple item in your closet!
Shop Similar Jeans
- High rise, slim fit
- Authentic non-stretch denim
- Iconic mom jean fit, easy to dress up or down
- Measurements taken from size 27; Waist 28", Front Rise 12", Inseam 32", Leg opening 12"
- Style RSADM304W
Shop Similar Boots
- Original Dr. Martens boot, built for a woman
- Made with all the classic Doc's DNA, including grooved sides, heel-loop and yellow stitching
- Built on the iconic Dr. Martens air-cushioned, with good abrasion and slip resistance
- Airwairs original signature leather: a firm, finished leather with a smooth, semi bright appearance.
Can You Wear Mom Jeans Over 30?
Absolutely–I sure do!
I love to wear these Levi’s jeans paired with a simply bodysuit and ankle booties in the fall.
Come spring and summer, you can still wear this look but with a lighter-colored bodysuit and cute sandals instead.
- Flatters your waist and holds you in, A classic, versatile high-rise fit
- Mid-stretch denim
- 62% Cotton, 28% Viscose, 8% Polyester, 2% Elastane
- High Rise
- Straight Leg Opening
How to Dress Up Mom Jeans
All Black Everything
The best thing about being a woman is that there are so many clothing options. From dresses, to playsuits to skirts, to jeans! You cannot go wrong.
Jeans have been huge for a long time and they will never go out of fashion. Trust me! They can be styled so many different ways.
If you have a night out planned and you don’t fancy wearing a dress or skirt, mom jeans are a great option. You may think about how you’ll make them look good for drinks with the girls…
Well, marstyla on Instagram has helped us out! She has styled a black pair of tapered mom jeans with a black blouse, belt and strappy shoes.
All black everything looks so good on a night out! This will look cool and also a little bit flirty, especially with a lower neckline.
Shop Similar Jeans
- YOU WANT IT? YOU GOT IT? The women's jeans you love are right here: all cotton, no stretch. Original Lee Relaxed Fit: sits at the waist with a straight leg silhouette, relaxed through the seat and thigh. 100% cotton denim for a hearty, no-stretch feel
- STYLISH DESIGNS: Lee's full line of women's shorts, women's jeans, women's skirts, women's jackets & more provide you with a stylish wardrobe all year round. From denim skirts for summer barbecues to jean jackets for windy fall days, Lee keeps you going.
- MORE THAN DENIM: You already trust Lee to bring you your favorite jeans, but we're so much more than that! Lee makes quality, stylish jeans, khakis, dresses, skirts, jackets, belts, shorts, shirts, uniforms and more! Fill your closet with Lee quality.
- QUALITY OVER QUANTITY: For over 100 years, Lee has been making quality, dependable denim. We'd rather sell one quality garment than 100 inferior ones. If you're looking for quality jeans, shorts, jackets, skirts, overalls, belts or uniforms, look to Lee.
- 100% Cotton; Imported; Machine Wash Rise: 10.75 inches, leg opening: 16.25 inches, n: short: 29 inches, medium: 31 inches, long: 33 inches; Product measurements were taken using size 10. Please note that measurements may vary by size
Shop Similar Blouse
- Non-stretch fabric with regular fitting, a little bit sheer for light colors.
- Pair perfectly with pants, leggings, skirts, shorts and so on.
- Fashion and classical style. Suitable for casual, brief, active occasions. It can be worn like a long sleeve or half sleeve top.
- Small=US size 4-6. Medium=US size 8-10. Large=US size 12-14. X-Large=US size 16-18. XX-Large=US size 20-22. Please refer detailed size chart in the picture before ordering.
- Care Instructions: Ironing might needed after machine wash, hand wash recommended.
How to Dress Down Mom Jeans
As well as wearing mom jeans on a night out, you can actually style them for a casual look too. If you’re just hanging with your friends or going on a city trip, they’re a great on trend option.
If you’re wearing them in a casual setting, you can definitely play more with color. I am loving how himani1015 on Instagram has styled her light blue mom jeans.
She has belted her jeans to cinch in her waist and tucked in an army green patterned sweater. By tucking in her sweater, it draws your eye to her waist and creates an hourglass figure.
As well as the knitted sweater, she has coordinated her beanie to match her bag. She has opted for a mustard color that would look amazing in Fall!
Wearing the white combat boots really does make this look stand out. The white boots are so eye catching and make the look a lot more fun and casual. You can tell she is having a great day!
Shop Similar Jeans
- 15% Polyester, fabric has no stretch
- High waist, ripped distressed jeans, ankle length, tapered/carrot, side pockets, button fly denim jeans
- Boyfriend jeans will complements your curve well; Suit for travel, club, every night, casual daily wear
- Great to match with t-shirts, blouse and pair with ankle booties or sandals
- Please refer to the size measurement in image before ordering
I truly hope that you have found some outfit inspiration from my post today. I am seriously in love with all of the looks put together! Mom jeans can take you from basic to on trend as soon as you put them on.
If you’re scared to try them out, don’t be! They’re just a pair of jeans, and put together with any of today’s suggestions, you will not create a fashion faux pas.
Whatever look you’re going for, make that a casual Spring-time fit or a cozy, layered Winter look, you can style with mom jeans. Be creative and let me know what outfit you love the most! Which style will you try to recreate first?
Mom Jeans FAQ’s
Are mom jeans on trend?
Mom jeans are for sure back in style. Thanks to the 80’s/90’s these jeans are not going anywhere!
They are comfier than skinny jeans and can be dressed up or down. They’re an essential for anybody’s closet.
What are mom jeans?
Mom jeans offer a much more roomy fit than other styles of jeans. They are a relaxed style that can be worn day in, day out.
Folding up the bottoms of your mom jeans can make them more tapered if you prefer that look. If not, enjoy the wider leg!
Can you wear mom jeans to work?
This all depends on where you work. If you work a corporate job, then you may get away with a black pair of mom jeans. However, always double check this with your manager or colleagues.
If you work in a more relaxed environment, definitely wear those mom jeans! I do recommend not wearing ripped mom jeans to work though. Ripped jeans should be for casual instances only, in my opinion.
Happy Spring! I have teamed up with an amazing group of bloggers to give YOU a chance to win: a $575 Amazon Gift Card
Simply enter below by completing the rafflecopter. You’ll receive one entry per completion. This giveaway is open to the U.S. and Canada only and runs until EOD 4/19. Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!
Void where prohibited. By entering the giveaway you acknowledge that you are agreeing to complete each task, which involves following, liking and subscribing to newsletter’s.a Rafflecopter giveaway